Learning from the Landscape: Toward Socially Responsible Architectural Education
- Vladan Djokic, Ana Nikezic, Nataša Jankovic
- Corresponding Author
- Vladan Djokic
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.43How to use a DOI?
- architecture, nature, architectural education, social responsibility, sustainibility, design studio
- This article presents education strategies and results of the research conducted at the University in Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture in the period between 2009th and 2012th by Master’s degree students. The main scope of the research was on situating an architectural intervention in different landscapes. The power of learning from the nature changes the material and sensual possibilities of architecture by expanding the ways in which architectural interventions may be conceived. In this kind of architectural education architecture and landscape are allowed to intersect and intertwine with society, affecting the process of living, thus creating a new cultural landscape as a part of the sustainable society.This article indicates that contemporary development of society requires a new architectural paradigm, in which landscape and architecture form a unique place-based system. In order to develop a new architectural paradigm it is necessary to starts from the process of architectural education. It would contribute not only to new trends in architectural education as a part of the modern development of humanities and social science, but also to the awareness about the need for the socially responsible architect.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Vladan Djokic AU - Ana Nikezic AU - Nataša Jankovic PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Learning from the Landscape: Toward Socially Responsible Architectural Education BT - 2013 International Conference on the Modern Development of Humanities and Social Science PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.43 ID - Djokic2013/12 ER -