The Analysis and Visualization of Interdisciplinary Characteristics A Case Study of the International Epigenetics
- Hongfang Shao, Zhiguang Duan
- Corresponding Author
- Hongfang Shao
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.60How to use a DOI?
- interdisciplinary, visualization, mapping knowledge domains, co-citation analysis; epigenetics
- In order to demonstrate the interdisciplinary features, the authors retrieved ‘epigenetic*’ in their title, abstract or keywords from Web of Science between 1970 and 2012 to be the dataset of a case study, and used scientific metrology methods and information visualization tools to perform the discipline co-occurrence analysis and draw the interdisciplinary co-occurrence maps, which shows the interdisciplinary features and evolving trends in each periods during last four decades, the relationship and the association degree between disciplines, the core discipline clusters and the relative clusters. Visual analytics of the disciplines provides a valuable, timely and flexible approach so as to track the discipline development process and analyze the particularity in interdisciplinary development, which we expect will play a more active role in supplement to traditional research methods of discipline.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hongfang Shao AU - Zhiguang Duan PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - The Analysis and Visualization of Interdisciplinary Characteristics A Case Study of the International Epigenetics BT - 2013 International Conference on the Modern Development of Humanities and Social Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.60 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.60 ID - Shao2013/12 ER -