The Optimal Reaction Condition for Class Demonstrated Experiment of Methane and Chlorine Substitution Reaction
- Yufei Wu, Yu Zhang, Zhongqiang Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Yufei Wu
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.61How to use a DOI?
- component, methane; chlorine, substitution reaction, volume rate, illumination
- The success rate for class demonstrated experiment of methane and chlorine substitution reaction (MCSR) is very low during the practical teaching process because the conditions for the experiment of MCSR are difficult to control. So the teaching effects were always poor when the experiment was failure. The influence factors were studied in this paper, such as temperature, illumination and the rate for reactant, et al. The optimal reaction condition has been discovered by repeated experiments: The volume rate for Methane and Chlorine is 1:3, the reactants were irradiated by a high pressure mercury lamp (125 W) and the distant is 10 centimeters (d=10cm), and the temperature is in normal temperature. There is a great improvement in the effect for class demonstrated experiment of MCSR at the above-mentioned conditions.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yufei Wu AU - Yu Zhang AU - Zhongqiang Zhang PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - The Optimal Reaction Condition for Class Demonstrated Experiment of Methane and Chlorine Substitution Reaction BT - 2013 International Conference on the Modern Development of Humanities and Social Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.61 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.61 ID - Wu2013/12 ER -