Influence of Isopropyl Nitrate on Combustion Characteristics of Triple-base Propellant
- M.H. Chen, Y.K. Chen, Q. GE, S.G. Wang, H.C. Wang
- Corresponding Author
- M.H. Chen
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.16How to use a DOI?
- combustion; closed bomb; isopropyl nitrate; propellant
- In order to study the influence of Isopropyl Nitrate on combustion characteristics of triple-base propellant, the combustion of triple-base propellant was tested with closed bomb. Combustion characteristic parameters including maximum pressure, combustion time, gas generated brisance, pressure impulse, the percentage of gunpowder burned out, impetus and covolume were obtained by analyzing pressure-time curves. And law of combustion rate was calculated. It is shown that the combustion rate is slower, combustion time is longer, combustion rate coefficient is lower and pressure index is Higher.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - M.H. Chen AU - Y.K. Chen AU - Q. GE AU - S.G. Wang AU - H.C. Wang PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Influence of Isopropyl Nitrate on Combustion Characteristics of Triple-base Propellant BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.16 ID - Chen2016/03 ER -