Numerical Simulation of Sudden Contraction Flow for Viscoelastic Fluids with the Lattice Boltzmann Method
- Qing Yao, Wang-Jun Zhou, Yong Li, Lu-Wu He
- Corresponding Author
- Qing Yao
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.139How to use a DOI?
- LBM, Viscoelastic fluid, Sudden contraction flow, Reynolds numbers Re, Viscosity vs, Weissenberg numbers Wi.
- In this paper, based on the lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) and the Oldroyd-B model, the decoupled solving method for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equation and advection-diffusion constitutive equation and the boundary processing formats are given. The flow of viscoelastic fluid in the planar 3:1 contraction channel is simulated. For different Reynolds numbers Re, Weissenberg numbers Wi and viscosity ns, the streamline patterns, the positions of vortex center and the length of vortex are obtained, and the influences of these parameters on flow behavior are discussed. The numerical results also present that the decoupled solving method is feasible and the LBM has fine accuracy and stability.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qing Yao AU - Wang-Jun Zhou AU - Yong Li AU - Lu-Wu He PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Numerical Simulation of Sudden Contraction Flow for Viscoelastic Fluids with the Lattice Boltzmann Method BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.139 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.139 ID - Yao2016/12 ER -