The Construction of University's Smart Library
- Haibo Zhang, Peifa Lin, Xiaoyan Li
- Corresponding Author
- Haibo Zhang
Available Online June 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ssme-18.2018.3How to use a DOI?
- Smart Library; Library Service; Big Data; Algorithm
- Due to the limitation of objective conditions, some university libraries can hardly change their “physical conditions” such as library buildings. In order to improve service quality, it is an effective method to use information technology to build “virtual conditions” of libraries. As an important content of "virtual conditions," the construction of a smart library has a direct impact on the level of library management and service. Although the construction of smart libraries has achieved some initial results, it also faces a series of problems. This article sets out from the basic tenet of the library and puts forward that: for the readers, the smart library must be “I understand you”; for the librarians or managers, the smart library must be “I help you”. At the same time, it also put forward several remarks on how to build a smart library. Finally, combining the actual situation of the library of our school, we put forward two construction directions that can be implemented at present.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Haibo Zhang AU - Peifa Lin AU - Xiaoyan Li PY - 2018/06 DA - 2018/06 TI - The Construction of University's Smart Library BT - Asia-Pacific Social Science and Modern Education Conference (SSME 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ssme-18.2018.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ssme-18.2018.3 ID - Zhang2018/06 ER -