Volume 1, Issue 6, December 2020
1. Extraction Methods of Virgin Coconut Oil and Palm-pressed Mesocarp Oil and their Phytonutrients
Sreeranjini Sundrasegaran, Siau Hui Mah
Pages: 381 - 391
The Refined, Bleached and Deodorized (RBD) Coconut Oil (CO) and RBD Palm Oil (PO) are heavily consumed as cooking oils by Asians. Recently, Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) and Palm-pressed Mesocarp Oil (PPMO) emerged into the market as functional oils. A number of studies were conducted to extract these edible...
2. In vitro Anti-Inflammatory Potency of Sanguinarine and Chelerythrine via Interaction with Glucocorticoid Receptor
Jie Zhang, Yuan Liang, Li Ren, Tiehua Zhang
Pages: 392 - 398
As quaternary benzo[c]phenanthridine alkaloids, sanguinarine and chelerythrine possess multiple biological activities including anti-inflammatory effects. They have been confirmed to regulate gene expression of inflammatory-related cytokines at transcription level. This work aims to investigate the glucocorticoid-like...
3. Eukaryotic Expression and Purification Technology of Glucosidase in Pichia Pastoris
Weijie Zhou, Dongsheng Yao, Weibin Bai
Pages: 406 - 409
Glucosidase is one of the most important hydrolases in the carbohydrate metabolism pathway in human body. It is noteworthy that glucosidase was raising high attention in numerous researches, attributed to its functional values and biological activities. The expression, secretion, extraction, purification,...
Letter to Editor
4. Discovery of Bioactive Compounds from Traditionally used Medicinal Plants: A Profile of Nilufar Z. Mamadalieva
Nilufar Z. Mamadalieva
Pages: 410 - 411
5. Corrigendum to “Qualitative and Quantitative Methods to Evaluate Anthocyanins” [eFood 1(5), October (2020) 339–346]
Zhaojun Teng, Xinwei Jiang, Fatao He, Weibin Bai
Pages: 412 - 412